Friday, April 13, 2007

There is food in Baltimore

Previous to her emigration to the Republic of Texas, my wonderful punk-rock librarian wife was a long-time resident of this frightening mid-Atlantic city. (Did I mention that, on average, about 1/10th of a percent of Baltimore's population is murdered every year? Frightening!) One of her favorite eateries is an tavern in the Fell's Point area named Peter's Inn. I had been there a few times during previous visits, and each meal was a treat -- well-done American food, a diverse enough beer collection, and enough Baldimore color to charm it up a notch or so.

So, Shearwater, we're on tour, playing at the Ottobar. Betwixt load-in and showtime, me & Howrad and KB cabbed it over to Peter's Inn for a nice dinner of, Jesus Fucking Christ, anything but goddammned pizza. (Enough with the pizza already! Can someone tell the booking agent "NO PIZZA"? What are you paying him for, anyway?) On the menu for the night, IIRC: duck leg, scallops with corn grits, lobster ravioli w/ spinach.

Conclusion? Not as great as I remember, a little more fru-fru than I remember, but shit, far nicer than fucking pizza. I recommend it, especially since there's only crack and beer available near the Ottobar.

No comments: